This week, Cari and Kelsae, two white ladies, gather up other white ex-Mos for a discussion about white privilege and how it makes us into assholes. White ex-Mormons, particularly those who create ex-Mo content, should be talking about white privilege, implicit bias, and racism. We need to hear more from marginalized groups. We need to believe them when they say they are hurt and we need to support them in the ways they want to be supported. We also all fail, and we should own it. In that spirit, here’s the episode.
Opening thought by Andrea Gibson*
Closing thought: If you don’t have to think about it, it’s a privilege.
- Zandra Vranes’ Facebook live video about the satire news release (Sistas in Zion Facebook page)
- Janan Russell's (@jananamirah) Twitter thread re: news release (Twitter)
- Tinesha Capri Zandamela's (@TineshaCapri) Twitter thread re: news release (Twitter)
- Article - No, the Mormon church did not apologize for having a history of racism; hoaxer says he meant fake message to spark discussion by Benjamin Wood (SL Tribune)
- Article - The hard science of civil rights: How neuroscience changes the conversation by Kimberly Papillon, Esq. (EqualJusticeSociety.org)
- Article - 4 ways white people can process their emotions without bringing the White Tears by Jennifer Loubriel (EverydayFeminism.com)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo. Our current goal is $75/mo, to cover our podcast and website hosting fees, and a P.O. Box for super official podcast business.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.
Connect With Us
*This is an affiliate link. NMKMH is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.