Is Mormonism a cult? Let’s find out! Cari and Kelsae discuss the BITE model, which details specific methods that cults use to recruit and maintain control over members. This episode focuses on the “B” in BITE: Behavioral Control.
Opening Hymn: Devil, by Katie Kuffel
Opening Thought: Assertion Is Not Proof by Lucinda Lee Dalton (Published in the Women’s Exponent (2)7, page 54, September 1 1873)
Closing Thought by Susan B. Anthony
- BITE Model by Steven Hassan
- Be Thou An Example by Thomas Monson (Current Prophet, was 1st Counselor to the Prophet for this talk)
- Letter from the First Presidency January 5, 1982
- BYU Honor Code
- Word of Wisdom (D&C 89): https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/89?lang=eng
- Lesson on Tithing in the Family Home Evening Resource Book
- The Language of the Gospel by Valeri Cordón (Quorum of the 70)
- Tithing - A Commandment Even for the Destitute by Lynn Robins (Quorum of the 70)
- Why and What Do I Need to Confess to My Bishop by C. Scott Grow (Quorum of the 70)
- Strengthening Church Members Committee
- First Presidency Message October 2016
- The Blessings of Righteous Obedience by Delbert Stapley (Quorum of the 12)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.