Welcome to week two of #GaslightTheWorld! This week, Cari and Kelsae explore the many and sundry ways in which benevolent sexism exists in Mormon doctrine and culture, and how LDS church leaders use gaslighting to perpetuate it. Gross.
Opening thought by Andrea Gibson
Closing thought by Emi Mahmoud
- Book - The Madness Vase* by Andrea Gibson (Amazon)
- 10 Things I’ve Learned About Gaslighting As An Abuse Tactic (Everyday Feminism)
- What is ambivalent sexism? (Understanding Prejudice)
- The Ambivalent Sexism Inventory (Understanding Prejudice)
- LDS gospel topic essay: Mother in Heaven (LDS.org)
- Ordain Women FAQ (Ordain Women)
- New Name Noah’s secretly recorded temple videos (YouTube)
- The Equal Rights Amendment by Boyd K. Packer (LDS.org)
- Equality through Diversity by M. Russell Ballard (LDS.org)
- Eternal Marriage Student Manual: Equality of Men and Women (LDS.org)
- What Mormon Women Get (YouTube)
- A Plea to My Sisters by Russell M. Nelson (LDS.org)
- Daughters of God by Gordon B. Hinckley (LDS.org)
- Women in the Book of Mormon (BYU.edu)
- Women Heroes in the Book of Mormon, Liahona Magazine (LDS.org)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.
Connect With Us
*This is an affiliate link. NMKMH is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.