#GaslightTheWorld continues! Cari and Kelsae respond to a listener’s question about the effects of sexual abuse on attachment (listen to episode 9 for more information on attachment theory) and explore the gaslighting in how the LDS church treats survivors of sexual violence.
CONTENT WARNING: General discussion of sexual violence throughout the episode. From 33:00-34:45 Cari shares a personal experience of sexual assault (minimal detail). There is mention of rape and suicide attempt.
Opening thought by Andrea Gibson
Closing thought by Winston Churchill
- Book - Pansy by Andrea Gibson (Amazon)
- Trident audition (“Outside Bones”) by Titus Andromedon (YouTube)
- Subreddit for ex-Mormons (Reddit)
- Subreddit for ex-Mormon women, must request to join (Reddit)
- 10 Things I’ve Learned About Gaslighting As An Abuse Tactic (Everyday Feminism)
- Infants on Thrones: Child Abuse in the Church (IoT, podcast)
- 2010 Church Handbook 1 (Mormon Leaks)
- Healing the Tragic Scars of Abuse by Richard G. Scott
- Effectiveness of Church Approach to Preventing Child Abuse (Web Archive, Mormon Newsroom)
- Find a therapist: Psychology Today
- Free Mindfulness Apps Worthy of Your Attention (Mindful.org)
- Six Different Types of Grounding Exercises for Anxiety & Intense Emotions (ToTheGrowlery.com)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.