Cari and Kelsae are on episode four of #GaslightTheWorld, woooo! This week’s focus is on service in the LDS church (*cough*CULT*cough), and in particular how Mormon women are trained to become co-dependent robots. Healthy!
Opening thought by Greg Lake
Closing thought by Jon Kabat-Zinn*
- Tatiana “choices” (YouTube)
- LDS gospel topic essay: Service (LDS.org)
- For the Strength of Youth: Service (LDS.org)
- Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley (LDS.org)
- Forget Yourself and Serve by Gordon B. Hinckley (LDS.org)
- Episode 11: #GaslightTheWorld, benevolent sexism in Mormonism (NMKMH)
- What Have I Done For Someone Today? by Thomas S. Monson (LDS.org)
- Unseen Service by L. Tom Perry (LDS.org)
- D&C 58:26-29 (LDS.org)
- Moroni 7:47 (LDS.org)
- He Asks Us to Be His Hands by Cheryl A. Esplin (LDS.org)
- Mormon church earns $7 billion a year from tithing, analysis indicates (NBC News, 2012)
- LDS church welfare, humanitarian efforts average $40 million per year, apostle says (Deseret News, 2015)
- Winnie the Pooh, Heffalumps and Woozles (YouTube)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.
Connect With Us
*This is an affiliate link. NMKMH is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.