Cari and Kelsae discuss the power and control wheel, a tool that explains different ways in which abusive people gain power and control over others, in the context of Mormonism and how many of these same tactics are used by the LDS church to maintain power over members.
Opening thought by Andrea Gibson
Closing thought by Percy Bysshe Shelley
Enter Our Contest!
Want to win some fancy-ass, totally fucking original kitsch Mormon art made by Cari and Kelsae? OF COURSE YOU FUCKING DO. Read and follow the instructions below!
- Book - Pansy* by Andrea Gibson (Amazon)
- Album - Hey Galaxy* by Andrea Gibson (Amazon)
- Power and Control Wheel (NCDSV.org)
- Guardians of Virtue by Elaine S. Dalton (LDS.org)
- What Are People Asking About Us? by Gordon B. Hinckley (LDS.org)
- 101: Professionals Weigh in on Problems w/ “Porn Addiction” Model – Part 1 (Mormon Mental Health Podcast)
- 102: Professionals Weigh in on Problems w/ “Porn Addiction” Model – Part 2 (Mormon Mental Health Podcast)
- Swallowed Up in the Will of the Father by Neil A. Maxwell (LDS.org)
- Journal of Discourses 5:352 (BYU.edu)
- Addiction Recovery Program Step 3: Trust in God (LDS.org)
- Willing to Submit by Neal A. Maxwell (LDS.org)
- Board Question #90363 (100HourBoard.org)
- Board Question #90656 (100HourBoard.org)
- QuitMormon: Resign from the LDS church online (QuitMormon.com)
- Petition: LDS Church - Formally apologize to victims of conversion therapy (Change.org)
- Elder Ballard: "Don’t Talk Too Much" (TimesAndSeasons.org)
- Therefore They Hushed Their Fears by David A. Bednar (LDS.org)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.
Connect With Us
*This is an affiliate link. NMKMH is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.