On Tuesday, the LDS church held a press conference to introduce Russell M. Nelson as the new Mormon Prophet and President of the church. Cari and Kelsae discuss Dieter Uchtdorf’s demotion back to the Quorum of the 12, give their hot takes on how the new First Presidency did answering questions from the press, and yell for a bit about how Nelson is super sexist.
Opening thought by Josh Ritter
Closing thought by Rebeccah
Enter Our Contest!
Want to win some fancy-ass, totally fucking original kitsch Mormon art made by Cari and Kelsae? OF COURSE YOU FUCKING DO. Read and follow the instructions below!
- A Message from the First Presidency (YouTube)
- First Presidency News Conference (YouTube)
- Elder Uchtdorf’s Spiritual Abuse: “Be Not Afraid, Just Tune Out All Opposing Signals” (RecoveringAgency.com)
- LDS Church Membership Statistics (FullerConsideration.com)
- Mormon growth rate falls to lowest level in 80 years, but ups and downs vary by region (SL Tribune)
- Things You Should Know When Watching TLC’s “My Husband’s Not Gay,” Joining North Star, or Considering a Mixed-Orientation Marriage (NoMoreStrangers.org)
- Quit Mormon (QuitMormon.com)
- From Amici to ‘Ohana: The Hawaiian Roots of The Family Proclamation (Rational Faiths)
- Stuff You Missed in Sunday School (MissedInSunday.com)
- Board Question #48564 (100HourBoard.org)