This week, Cari and Kelsae discuss the topic of informed consent (as in social work, medicine, and BDSM [surprise!]) as it pertains to the Mormon Church. Spoiler alert: the Mormon Church does not meet even the basic standards in giving informed consent, leaving its membership without adequate information to make decisions about their participation.
Opening thought by Andrea Gibson
Closing thought by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Album - Hey Galaxy* by Andrea Gibson (Amazon)
- Endowed from on High: Temple Preparation Seminar Teacher’s Manual (LDS.org)
- The Temple: Why was the ceremony changed in 1990? (Mormon Think)
- Mormon temple endowment ceremony filmed by New Name Noah (YouTube)
- Milgram experiment (Wikipedia)
- Year of Polygamy podcast (Year of Polygamy)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.
Connect With Us
*This is an affiliate link. NMKMH is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.