This week, Cari and Kelsae discuss the topic of informed consent (as in social work, medicine, and BDSM [surprise!]) as it pertains to the Mormon Church. Spoiler alert: the Mormon Church does not meet even the basic standards in giving informed consent, leaving its membership without adequate information to make decisions about their participation.
Opening thought by Andrea Gibson
Closing thought by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Endowed from on High: Temple Preparation Seminar Teacher’s Manual (LDS.org)
- The Temple: Why was the ceremony changed in 1990? (Mormon Think)
- Mormon temple endowment ceremony filmed by New Name Noah (YouTube)
- Milgram experiment (Wikipedia)
- Year of Polygamy podcast (Year of Polygamy)