This week, Cari and Kelsae talk about the recent updates targeted to local LDS leadership made to suicide.lds.org. Recently, Elder Rasband was added to a statewide committee meant to address the growing problem of suicide in Utah. Does the Mormon church give good resources, enough training, or good guidance to its local leadership? No, no it does not. And it’s dangerous.
Opening thought by Mary Oliver
Closing thought by by Seirra DeMulder
- Book - Today Means Amen* by Sierra DeMulder (Amazon)
- Windows of Heaven, old Mormon movie (YouTube)
- LDS church expanding suicide-prevention website (Deseret News)
- Suicide Prevention and Ministering (LDS.org)
- Suicide: Some Things We Know and Some Things We Do Not by Elder M. Russell Ballard (LDS.org)
- I sat through the most unbelievably offensive Mormon funeral, and I am so angry I can't hold back. (Reddit)
- Ministering Resources (LDS.org)
- Episode 18: Josh and Lolly Weed announce their plan to divorce (NMKMH)
- Turning a unicorn into a bat: The post in which we announce the end of our marriage (JoshWeed.com)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.
Connect With Us
*This is an affiliate link. NMKMH is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.