This week, Cari and Kelsae discuss what they wish their parents had done for them when they were cute little queer kids. C&K are still cute (adorable!) and queer (women are so rad, you guys), but now they are traumatized atheists, and they have a bone to pick with Mormonism and its culture. Any rage expressed is directed at no one except their own pasts and TSCC. CONTENT WARNING: general discussion of suicidal ideation/attempt.
Closing thought from Fun Home
- Book - Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself by Kristen Neff, Ph.D. (Amazon)
- Book - No More Goodbyes: Circling the Wagons Around Our Gay Loved Ones by Carol Lynn Pearson (Amazon)
- TheTrevorProject: A national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth (TrevorProject.org)
- Mama Dragons: A support organization for Mormon and former-Mormon mothers of LGBTQ children (MamaDragons.org)
- Free legal assistance to resign from the LDS church (QuitMormon.com)
- A way to stay Mormon but without most all of the patriarchal bullshit: Community of Christ (CommunityOfChrist.org)
- Get therapy, yo. (PsychologyToday.com)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.