Cari and Kelsae were not planning to do a Joseph Bishop episode, but do an episode they did. They start off with why they were initially quite resistant to talking about Bishop, then launch into their reactions to the events that led us through the scandal through late afternoon 3/30/18. They discuss the systems in place within the Mormon Church that create and protect sexual predators. CONTENT WARNING: sexual abuse, assault, rape, etc. discussed in detail through the episode regarding multiple sexual abuse cases.
Opening thought by Marvin Bell
Closing thought by some-kinda-woo-therapy-cards
- MormonLeaks releases audio of former Mormon mission president admitting to inappropriate interactions with women (MormonLeaks)
- NMKMH Episode 12: #GaslightTheWorld, sexual abuse in Mormonism (NMKMH)
- Mormon Mental Health Podcast: Prior Bishop speaks to how church addresses sexual abuse cases (Mormon Mental Health)
- Authority, Abuse, and the LDS Church (Radio West)
- Timeline of the Joseph Bishop Sexual Abuse Scandal (Medium)
- Former Missionary Training Center president admits to asking a young missionary to expose her breast in the ‘80s, BYU police say (SL Tribune)
- Mormon leaders knew of two alleged victims of former Missionary Training Center president in 2010 (SL Tribune)
- LDS Church responds to allegations of sexual abuse by former Provo MTC president (Daily Herald)
- Church statement about alleged sexual assault by former mission president (Mormon Newsroom)
- Mormon leaders unveil new rules allowing another adult in room for interviews (SL Tribune)
- LDS Church updates abuse guidelines amid mounting criticism (KUER)
- PDF: Preventing and responding to abuse (Mormon Newsroom)
- Sexual abuse case against Mormon Church begins in West Virginia (Washington Post)
- The Fairfield Wives (SF Weekly Archives)
- Post by u/shoulder_angel about the Fairfield Wives story above (Reddit)
- My family (2 small kids) was assigned a home teacher who was a convicted child molester (Reddit)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo. Our current goal is $50/mo, to cover our podcast and website hosting fees.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.