This week, Cari and Kelsae give you two topics for the price of one. They discuss the announcement that, after 105 years, the LDS Church and the BSA will go their separate ways and the LDS Church’s concerns on Utah’s medical marijuana initiative. Cari may need to take a chill pill in parts of this but hey you knew what you were getting into. Please listen, Utah voters, and make sure your neighbors have access to the medicine they need.
Opening thought by Andrea Gibson*
Closing thought by Kaveh Akbar*
- Mormon church to cut ties with Boy Scouts and start its own gospel-driven youth program by Paighten Harkins (SL Tribune)
- A Joint Statement from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and The Boy Scouts of America (MormonNewsroom.org)
- Boy Scouts must stop excluding atheists (ffrf.org)
- NMKMH Episode 30: Substance abuse 101 (NMKMH)
- Mormon church releases a list of ‘legal issues’ with Utah’s medical marijuana initiative by Luke Ramseth (SL Tribune)
- Support the legalization of medical marijuana in Utah: Utah Patients Coalition (Utahpatients.org)
Support The Show
Love what we do and want to help support the show? You can join our super exclusive CLUB FUCK PACKER on Patreon by pledging $1+/mo. Our current goal is $50/mo, to cover our podcast and website hosting fees.
You can also send a one-time donation via PayPal. Every dollar helps us keep the show going.
Connect With Us
*This is an affiliate link. NMKMH is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.